EDGA is proud to announce the launch of our Women’s League!
Our mission is to create a supportive space for women to play disc golf in Edmonton, focusing on our core values of community, inclusivity & positivity
Women’s League 2021
The EDGA Women’s League will run on Wednesdays (24 week season) and there will be no cost to participate. Players can play as many weeks as they like. The league will move to various courses around the city so that new players can get familiar with all of our courses in Edmonton.
League Play – Flex Start
- Tee times will now be Flex Start. What this means is that instead of a fixed start time for arrival, we will provide a window within which people can tee off. This will hopefully prevent everyone arriving simultaneously and make social distancing easier.
- For the first 6 weeks (The Hills), the tee off window will be 5:30-6:30pm. For all the subsequent weeks (Rundle, Norwester etc.), the tee off window will be 6:30-7:30pm.
- As folks arrive, make groups of 4 or 5 and then head out on the course right away.
- We encourage you to socialize and meet the other players but we also understand if you feel more comfortable playing with folks you know.
- Masks will not be mandatory but go ahead and wear one if you want!
- Lastly, please do your best to be socially distanced! We are grateful that regulations allow our sport to continue and we don’t want to jeopardize that!
The schedule is as follows:
- April 14 – May 19 (6 weeks) – 5:30pm – 6:30pm flex start @The Hills
- May 26 – June 30 (6 weeks) – 6:30pm – 7:30pm flex start @Rundle
- July 7 – Aug 11 (6 weeks) – 6:30pm – 7:30pm flex start @Norwester
- Aug 18 – Sept 22 (6 weeks) – 6:30pm – 7:30pm flex start @The Hills or Hermitage (TBD)
Each week that our players play, they will get a ballot into a draw for awesome prizes. The more you play, the more chances you will get to win!
- I won’t be able to come every week, is that OK?– A few of you have asked me about missing a league night. No problem! There are no repercussions to missing a week other than one less ballot in the draw. We have some awesome prizes in the works – the more you play, the more chances you have to win.
- What if I have friends that want to sign up after the league has started? – Since there are no penalties to missing weeks, we will be accepting registrations throughout the season! If you are enjoying what we have to offer and have some friends who want to join, let them know that they can!
For more information on the league, please email EDGAwomen@gmail.com.
Register for the Women’s League on our LEAGUE REGISTRATION page