While our 2020 season remains on hold, there is some good news: Edmonton has re-opened its disc golf courses. The city has issued a list of requirements and guidelines to help keep us, and our loved ones, safe. Please follow these as, if the city sees unsafe behavior, it is possible they could close the courses again.
In all re-opened spaces, users must follow public health guidelines including:
- Maintaining 2 metre physical distance
- Gathering in groups of 50 people or fewer
- Only sharing common equipment with members of the same family or cohort
- Staying home if you feel sick
- Bringing your own hand sanitizer
- Washing and sanitizing your hands before and after using these areas
Some new guidelines will be in place:
- Users should use local playgrounds in their neighbourhoods and sanitize their hands before and after use.
- Equipment should only be shared by members of the same household or their family cohort. (Editor’s note: it’s best not to touch
others’ discs, even when clearing the basket.)